If there was any doubt about IBM Rational re-insertion in the systems space after the announcement that we intend to acquire Telelogic, these should be put to rest with the announcement made yesterday that New IBM Technologies Help Developers Build Safer Software!
So what is new in RSD 7.0.5? Here’s a quick list:
- Improved rectilinear routing
- Configurable Modeling UI
- Viewpoints let you reduce the UI to only what you need
- Rich text support for documentation, notes and comments
- Modeling Reminders
- “TODOs” for incomplete models
- Diagram building using drag & drop queries
- UML 2.1 support improvements
- Support Information Flow elements (UPDM requirement)
- Deployment Diagram enhancements
- Sequence diagram editing enhancements
- Message and message subset reordering
- Resizable lifelines
- Enable/disable message numbering
- Choose message numbering format
- BIRT-based model reporting
- Model analysis and metrics
- C++ support enhancements – CDT 4.0
Of course, you also need a testing tool in this space and that’s Rational Test RealTime, which is also mentioned in the article. If you do embedded systems development, you should not have to live without it!
Powered by ScribeFire.